Do you want fresh and tasty bread every day, made without preservatives just like what you get in the old days? There’s nothing that beats healthy, homemade bread for breakfast, and there’s nothing more convenient than to use a bread maker for baking your own bread every day!
In the modern times it is no longer feasible to spend hours kneading bread dough by hand, waiting for it to rise and kneading it again for that lovely texture, especially when all adults at home are working. The easier way is to let the bread machine do it, and you can even time it to finish baking in the morning, so a fragrant bready smell welcomes you to breakfast.
Best Bread Machine – Quick Links
- How To Choose The Best Bread Machine – For anyone buying their first bread maker.
- Bread Machine Guide – Guide for using the bread machine.
- Bread Machine Blog – All my bread machine reviews here.
- Best Bread Machine Reviews – My Picks
How to Choose the Best Bread Machine
The bread machine is the best thing since sliced bread, because baking healthy loaves of bread is now possible by just a couple of simple steps: measuring the ingredients and setting the program or bread cycle. Choose the best bread machine and you will have an easy time after that.
Vertical or Horizontal
Depending whether you prefer your bread in a certain shape, choose a tall/vertical bread machine or a long/horizontal one. Choose the horizontal bread machine if you are particular about the bread looking like those store bought.
Think of the space in your kitchen as well. If you don’t have a lot of space in your kitchen, you might want to find a small bread machine or a tall one so that it has a more compact footprint.
On the other hand, if you are going to put it under some wall cabinets, you may want to check the height of the bread machine.
You can make anything from a 1-pound loaf to 2.5-pound loaf with a bread maker. It depends what loaf sizes your bread machine has; some have adjustable sizes but some only have one size.
Remember that homemade bread doesn’t contain preservatives so you should be baking just enough to last a couple days. You will be eating more bread though, because homemade bread is simply delicious!
Here are some of the best bread machines according to their loaf sizes:
- Small bread machine – Makes 1 lb loaves
- Medium bread machine – Makes 2 lb loaves
- Large bread machine – Makes 2.5 lb loaves
- Flexible size bread machine – Makes 1 lb, 1.5 lb, or 2 lb loaves
Some features that come with your bread machine can be really useful and convenient. Look out for settings that allow you to customize what is important to you. Here are some features you may like to have in your bread machine.
Delay timer – The delay timer allows you to set the bread maker to finish baking exactly when you want to eat the bread. You can have freshly baked bread every time!
Dough setting – If you like to make dinner rolls, pizza or buns with filling, you can use the bread machine just to knead the dough with, and then shape and bake it in the oven.
Window – A transparent window on top lets you check the progress.
Quick bake – Sometimes you just need the bread fast.
Bread cycles – Programmed cycles are useful if you bake different types of bread. There may be settings for French bread, whole wheat bread, gluten-free bread and even jams and cake.
Easy to Clean
I love a non stick pan, removable paddles and lid with my bread machine. The bread will never stick to the sides and everything is easy to wash after each bake.
Warranty & Service
Best Bread Machine Reviews
After going through plenty bread machine models, I have chosen the best bread makers to review. Here are my bread maker reviews:
- Best Bread Machine – Very easy to use with lots of customization available. Makes really good bread too!
- Best Large Bread Machine – If you have a large family or appetite.
- Best Bread Machine for Gluten Free Bread – For delicious gluten-free bread you need this.
- Best Value Bread Machine – Good for small budgets or as an entry level machine.
- Best Basic Bread Machine – Doesn’t have a lot of fancy features but does the job.
- Best Small Bread Machine – Very easy to use and makes just enough bread for one or two persons.
- Best Bread Machine Review Blog
- Best Bread Machine 2015
- Zojirushi Bread Makers
- Cuisinart Bread Makers
- Panasonic Bread Makers
- Breadman Bread Makers
- Sunbeam Bread Makers
Best Bread Maker Tips/Guide
I plan to add some tips and guide for choosing and using a bread machine. There will be tips on how to bake a loaf of delicious bread in a simple way and the best bread recipes I’ve collected over the years. My bread machine recipes for zucchini bread, French bread, white loaves, banana bread and my favorite cinnamon rolls will be here soon, so stay tuned with my blog!
Thanks for reading my bread machine reviews!